ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Frameblending passes from exr file (rendered with vray)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris MuscatFrameblending passes from exr file (rendered with vray)
by on Jul 8, 2011 at 8:11:18 pm

Hi guys just a quick question, dunno if anyone else has encountered this problem...

Basically i have a rendered 3d video exported as exr sequence with several channels included (shadows, reflection zdepth) Problem is i want to double the length of the video via timeremapping. The basic render remaps perfectly, smooth, no artefacts.

Problem is when I am trying to composite a pass (saved within the exr file) aftereffects won´t frame blend the pass. The basic image frameblends fine, it´s the other superimposed comonents (ID matte, shadows reflections etc) within the exr that don´t.

If i export the exr file as a tiff (for example) and frameblend that there is no issue of course, it blends smoothly... but i have several sequences with tons of passes, if i have to export all that info seperately it´s completely unmanageable.

The only solution i have so far is to compose everything at half speed and export that and then timeremap just the flattened video. but that is obviously not ideal as every change i make requires going back through a 2 step exporting process with the all the hassles that involves. ANy help would be greatly appreciated. thanks guys

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved