ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Error: Photoshop library operation failed because of a program error

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Randy McWilsonError: Photoshop library operation failed because of a program error
by on Jul 8, 2011 at 1:41:19 pm

When I try to import a 3D Photoshop file into After Effects 5.5 it throws up the error "photoshop library operation failed because of a program error" when it tries to draw the composition. I have 4GB ram, and the 3D object has about 300,000 polygons.

My video card does not support Open GL.

Any ideas anyone?

thanks
Randy

Eternity...don't miss it for the world.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Error: Photoshop library operation failed because of a program error
by on Jul 8, 2011 at 1:47:49 pm

[Randy McWilson] "After Effects 5.5... I have 4GB ram..."

Holy cow! 4GB may seem like a lot to you, but it's almost nothing to AE. Using multiprocessing is the most common problem with this amount of memory; if you have it turned on, turn it off right now and leave it off until you get something in the neighborhood of 16 gigs.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Error: Photoshop library operation failed because of a program error
by on Jul 8, 2011 at 5:49:04 pm

The Photoshop 3D feature in After Effects is a memory hog and it requires OpenGL to work without being maddeningly slow. So, if you are trying to use a high-polygon-count 3D object through this feature on that computer, you are going to have problems.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]