ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Problems with Trapcode Form (undo's, ram previews)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy Allen
Problems with Trapcode Form (undo's, ram previews)
on Jul 7, 2011 at 9:49:26 pm

I just started messing around with Form a couple days ago and I've noticed some weird issues.

First off was the undo bug. While form is active, I couldn't undo anyhting, and the undo history says "undo value change" for every history state. If I turn the form layer off, the Undo works properly. I restarted the computer and it seems to be working better now, but still somewhat inconsistently.

Secondly, I'm having issues with Ram preview that also seem to be related to using Form. When I perform a Ram preview (with either the numpad 0 or the Ram preview button) and click over to another program, AE will build the whole preview but the green bar disappears and when I return to AE I have to start the Ram preview over from the beginning. This also happens if my display goes to sleep.

Also, if I do get a full preview and click in the program while watching the preview, I will lose the green bar. It eems the only way to watch the preview repeatedly is to stay in the program while it builds the preview, don't touch anything while its playing, and let it loop within the work area.

I started a brand new comp without Form and the preview behaved normally. I could switch to another program and come back and the ram preview would be preserved.

I'm just wondering if this is a common issue and if anyone has found any solutions.

I found a similar problem with the ram previews in this thread which Todd responded too, although they did not mention using Form:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3042173

And finally, I have searched for a Bug Report form for Trapcode but I can't seem to find it. If anyone has a link to that, I would appreciate it.

---------------------------------------------
8core MacPro, 3.0 GHZ, 18GB RAM, OSX 10.5.8

C4D 11.5
AE CS5 (10.0.2.4)
FCP 7.0.3
QT 7.6.4

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Problems with Trapcode Form (undo's, ram previews)
on Jul 7, 2011 at 10:31:26 pm

Trapcode Form support:
http://www.redgiantsoftware.com/support/faq/product-specific/trapcode-form/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Jeremy Allen
on Jul 7, 2011 at 11:29:12 pm

Thanks for the link Todd. Am I supposed to contact them from that page? I still can't seem to find anything about submitting a bug report there..

Maybe I'm just not seeing it. I've had a long day..

---------------------------------------------
8core MacPro, 3.0 GHZ, 18GB RAM, OSX 10.5.8

C4D 11.5
AE CS5 (10.0.2.4)
FCP 7.0.3
QT 7.6.4

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
on Jul 8, 2011 at 1:28:49 pm

Just to easy your mind Jeremy, I had the same problem here. Due to a deadline at the moment, I did not look for a solution. Please post if you find one.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]