ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

correcting unwanted parallax

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
malcolm DeSoto
correcting unwanted parallax
on Jul 7, 2011 at 9:25:53 pm

okay, I'm trying to replace some sidewalk in a shot with some new 3D sidewalk. I'm using The Foundry's Camera Tracker to give me the track data.

I create my little 3D rectangle cement block in AE and bring that into the master comp. Part of using the camera track is that it creates a camera for you.

Once I flick the 3D switch for my precomposed 3D block, it's thrown way out of frame and I have to bring it back in and rescale and readjust it until it lines up with the side walk in the shot.

If I just rescale the 3D rectangle and don't mess with any of the position parameters, there is no parallax. However, I'm finding it impossible to line up the block with the shot without tweaking the rotation and position in Z space and thus creating the unwanted parallax.

How do I go about correcting this? I've tried lining up the anchor point of th 3D block with that of the null and then making adjustments, but no luck.

beginning of shot lined up:

drifting and parallax as shot progresses:

http://runawaykitee.blogspot.com/

"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." --Albert Einstein

Return to posts index

Max Weissenbacher
Re: correcting unwanted parallax
on Jul 8, 2011 at 10:16:55 am

Have you checked your origin setting? Seeing where the plug-in set your origin is always a good trick. Is there a possibility to try matchmoving with any other software then? If you can do so, try to export some tracking points from the software that are in the appropriate place as nulls into AE...

I hope I could help a bit at least...

Max

Return to posts index

malcolm DeSoto
on Jul 8, 2011 at 3:21:44 pm

Yeah, this is my first time using the tool and I'm thinking my x, y axis just isn't right.

I'm having a hell of a time figuring out how to lock these down. I'm watching the videos on The Foundry site right now. If anyone has experience with this tool, I'd appreciate any tips.

runawaykitee.blogspot.com

"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." --Albert Einstein

Return to posts index

malcolm DeSoto
on Jul 8, 2011 at 4:07:11 pm

And unfortunately, I don't have any other match moving software at the moment

runawaykitee.blogspot.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]