ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Importing Premiere Pro Project into After Effects issues

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Mathis
Importing Premiere Pro Project into After Effects issues
on Jul 7, 2011 at 8:56:33 pm

I am new to Premiere Pro and After Effects after switching from Final Cut Studio 3 and I have a question. I have an issue with After Effects not correctly reading my blend modes from a Premiere Project that I have done. Instead of the blend mode showing up under the mode section in AE all I get is "-". The same thing with the "T" switch. Is there something I am doing wrong or is there some glitch or bug I don't know about?

System details
iMac (not sure what kind but will research if need be)
OS 10.6.3
Adobe Production Premium 5.0
Also have Avid MC 5.5 and FCS 3 installed on same system

Any advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated and thank you for such a great forum!

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Importing Premiere Pro Project into After Effects issues
on Jul 7, 2011 at 10:21:36 pm

I just tried a simple test, and it worked fine for me. To determine why it's not working for you, we'll need a lot more information.

To start, please post some screenshots to show exactly how you have your sequence set up in Premiere Pro (including showing the Effect Controls panel for a clip with a blending mode) and what the respective composition looks like in After Effects.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

David Mathis
Re: Importing Premiere Pro Project into After Effects issues
on Jul 9, 2011 at 3:13:42 am

I did a clean re-install of OS 10.6.3 and the Production Premium CS5 which cleared up the preservation and conversion of blend mode issues on QT movies but the problem now persists with still images. I have also tried copying and pasting my sequence between PPro and AE. I will send screen shots of what is going on, this is confusing.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]