ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Import AVID Audio export into A.E. or viceversa.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michele PoggiImport AVID Audio export into A.E. or viceversa.
by on Jul 7, 2011 at 11:13:37 am

I found that the way A.E. and Avid manage Audio levels are completely different. Assuming Avid as the better and professional one, actually an exported audio from Media Composer become extremely HIGH on volume in A.E., this is quite a mess because the Render engine of A.E. is perfect, but I can't say the same of Media Composer.

Is there any way to be able to integrate the two programs on the same project/work? Some kind of.. Well, "expression" like from C° to F°? Or am I doing the wrong thing/looking in the wrong direction?

"Cinetica Video" post-producer.

Return to posts index

Erik WaluskaRe: Import AVID Audio export into A.E. or viceversa.
by on Jul 7, 2011 at 2:53:18 pm

Sounds like you may have your levels set too high in Avid or something because there shouldn't be any difference in volume levels between the two apps. What is the peak db level in Avid? I would suggest you try to import a music track or something that you know has the levels balanced correctly into a fresh Avid project with default settings and then export it out and test it in AE and compare the db levels.

Return to posts index

Michele PoggiRe: Import AVID Audio export into A.E. or viceversa.
by on Jul 10, 2011 at 9:36:57 am

I'll try. The fact is that on A.E. the Peak is "0db" while on Avid that's the middle of the Audio Tool, because the objective for mixing is usually keep it from 0 to 6. I didn't really understand A.E. in this for now.

"Cinetica Video" post-producer.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Import AVID Audio export into A.E. or viceversa.
by on Jul 7, 2011 at 7:03:11 pm

There is an application called Automatic Duck that can export an entire Avid edit timeline for use as an AE composition: each video and/or audio clip is a layer in the comp. It's about 500 bucks.

Personally, I don't use audio (from FCP) for anything except as a reference. I definitely don't render audio, not even for lip-sync video. It's comes back into FCP just fine. As long as you have your frame rates straight, it's smooth sailin'.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]