ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Does anyone have an idea where i can get this text animation preset ?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michele Busiello
Does anyone have an idea where i can get this text animation preset ?
on Jul 6, 2011 at 12:15:42 pm

Hi!

Im looking for a specific text animation effect where you start with the whole word and then the characters start falling/crashing down randomly. unfortunately none of the standard text animation presets has that kind of effect. Do you guys know an alternative source where i can get that kind of preset ? I could animate it by hand..but thats a hell lot of work!

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
Re: Does anyone have an idea where i can get this text animation preset ?
on Jul 6, 2011 at 12:36:20 pm

[Michele Busiello] "I could animate it by hand..but thats a hell lot of work!"

you'll want to use text animators (that's what most of the text presets are made from).

if you wanted letter to fall off the screen, you want to start with a position animator. set the y position for the animator to be off screen, then animate the end or offset to get the letters to animate.

you can add other properties to be controled by the same animator, so you caould add rotation or opacity to be effected as the falling occurs.

there are other options for for selection of lines, words or characters; a random option, and many other things that you can do with them...

it's well worth learning to use text animators. that page from the manual has a link to a page with many links to tutorials. there are several here at the cow, and you'll find more on the web and in books.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
Re: Does anyone have an idea where i can get this text animation preset ?
on Jul 6, 2011 at 12:58:51 pm

The Text Animation Preset, Raining Characters Out can be found in the Animate_Out category.

Switch off the Echo effect and delete the three Character parameters to remove the echo and text change effect respectively.

Take note that when applying Animation Presets with keyframes, the first keyframe will occur where the TImeline Indicator is.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive AE Training in South East Asia.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]