ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Batch Interpret GOPRO footage

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert HemingwayBatch Interpret GOPRO footage
by on Jul 5, 2011 at 5:57:32 pm

Hi,

Im trying to conform multiple GoPro files from 60fps to 29.97 fps to achieve smooth slow motion. I don't have Cinema tools which I know can do this almost instantly.
I have interpreted the clips, and Im wondering if there is any way to export my new slow motion clips from After effects without having to render it all which will take around 15hours!

Thanks very much for any help!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Batch Interpret GOPRO footage
by on Jul 5, 2011 at 6:54:48 pm

Can't you do this sort of thing directly within your current editing application?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Robert HemingwayRe: Batch Interpret GOPRO footage
by on Jul 5, 2011 at 11:34:17 pm

I'm using final cut express but can't find any way to slow the footage smoothly with it. Is rendering my only option?

Return to posts index

Noah KadnerRe: Batch Interpret GOPRO footage
by on Jul 5, 2011 at 11:41:03 pm

You need to do this outside of FCE I'm afraid. You want to run it through something like Reel Snail or Twixtor to get smooth motion. Twixtor is $$$, Reel Snail is free:

https://github.com/pepez/ReelSnail

and we go over ReelSnail specifically in my GoPro tutorial vid btw. You can find it at the end of my signature.

Thanks,
Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and GoPro HD Hero.

Return to posts index

Robert HemingwayRe: Batch Interpret GOPRO footage
by on Jul 6, 2011 at 10:37:27 am

Ah thanks a lot I'd never heard of Reel Snail!
Do you think there is a way to batch conform within it? Maybe making an action/workflow in automator, (I've never used it so don't know how it works..)
I don't actually have a Gopro I was borrowing my friends. I have a 550 and need to do the same thing with that. You'd think there would be more software for this as soon half the world will have gopro's/dslrs and getting smooth 60p to 24/30p slow mo is the best!

Cheers for your help!

Return to posts index

Noah KadnerRe: Batch Interpret GOPRO footage
by on Jul 6, 2011 at 7:46:07 pm

Looks like they're working on that but haven't added it yet. Slight drawback of open source apps. :)

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and GoPro HD Hero.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]