ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE and Premiere merging in movie maker and AE huge avi size

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dina Nashaat
AE and Premiere merging in movie maker and AE huge avi size
on Jul 4, 2011 at 12:18:31 am

I was working on a small movie project with both after effects and premiere, when I finished editing both movies I rendered both as avi and then I've merged them together in Movie maker-no problem. However then,when I played the final movie, the AE screen was very HUGE in respect to the normal screen of the other movie (which was just slideshow pictures) How can I avoid that?

Another problem, when I worked on AE the final rendered avi movie which was about 50 seconds took up about 3 GB !!!!

I thought maybe it is the workspace I was working on, which could have been a little bit large and maybe I should unify the workspace in both premiere and AE. Please correct me if I'm wrong. HOwever, i don't know what to do to minimize the space of AE avi movie??? Or what could cause taking up this space??

Thank you

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: AE and Premiere merging in movie maker and AE huge avi size
on Jul 4, 2011 at 6:54:28 am

See this:
"FAQ: Why is my output file huge...?"

... and this:
"Planning your work"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jul 5, 2011 at 3:34:17 pm

I'm very confused why you're even using Movie Maker at all. Premiere can do everything it can do and much, much more.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Dina Nashaat
on Jul 5, 2011 at 7:18:03 pm

Thank you for the reply... ! Actually I was 10 min. away from presenting the movie and there was this error in premiere and it wouldn't accept the after effect file because some files were missing and they were the files of the effects and presets I was using "cc particle world"... etc . I'd be more than thankful If you have a solution for that!!

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jul 5, 2011 at 7:32:30 pm

You rendered your video out of AE as an AVI. That file should have gone into Premiere with no problems. I don't understand what you were doing when it popped up those messages.

Also, your composition size in AE will determine the screen size of your final video. You'd want to make it match the settings of your Premiere sequence. Read the AE help for how to work with Premiere. The two programs actually work together really well. You can import Premiere sequences into AE as compositions and everything! It's really nice.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]