ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Warp Stabilizer Subspace Warp-when to use?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jim bachaloWarp Stabilizer Subspace Warp-when to use?
by on Jul 4, 2011 at 12:09:17 am

Hi
Can someone give me some examples of when you might want to use the Subspace Warp option of the Warp Stabilizer effect? Sounds very Trekkish to me...:)

What would be some suggested best settings for a typical shot, walking down a hallway with a 16mm lens on a crop sensor DSLR? Should I use Postion only, Position-Scale-Rotate, Perspective, or the Subspace Warp option?

Local is the new global

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Warp Stabilizer Subspace Warp-when to use?
by on Jul 4, 2011 at 12:30:46 am

a couple of examples when you certainly should:

- if you have parallax (from the camera moving back and forth in a handheld shot)

- if you have rolling shutter

But, really, you should use that option first and only back off from it to use the other options if it gives too much distortion.

I strongly recommend that you watch the videos linked to from here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

jim bachaloRe: Warp Stabilizer Subspace Warp-when to use?
by on Jul 4, 2011 at 12:49:23 am

Thanks!

Local is the new global

Return to posts index

jim bachaloRe: Warp Stabilizer Subspace Warp-when to use?
by on Jul 5, 2011 at 12:34:56 am

From my tests so far it seems warp stabilizer's subspace warp is best used fro motion involving lots of parallax, different movement between foreground and background elements.

For single direction shots, say, movement down a road, hallway, perspective works best for me, and obviously for shots that need stabilizing wihtout a lot of parallax or perspective motion, then position, scale works best.

Local is the new global

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]