ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Suggestions for large plastic disc (chroma keying)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean HerbertSuggestions for large plastic disc (chroma keying)
by on Jul 2, 2011 at 8:41:55 pm

Hi all,

I need to have various toys rotating on a green screen for a TV commercial. I bought a rotating display pedestal on eBay for cheap, so I have something to do the rotating.

I'm going to buy some chroma green paint tomorrow in the hardware store, so I can get the green bg.

My only issue is what to actually mount the product on - I need a large (maybe 15") plastic disc that I can paint chroma green & then place on the pedestal!
It needs to be light so the pedestal will still rotate with the weight (hence I assume it needs to be plastic), and it needs to be smooth so I can paint it and there won't be any blemishes or texture to it.

Basically, the end result should be like this, except the product will be rotating on a large (15" approx) chroma green disc:

Any suggestions for what could be used? Any household items I'm overlooking, or anything available in the hardware store that may work?

Thanks in advance, guys!

Return to posts index

Post removed.

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Suggestions for large plastic disc (chroma keying)
by on Jul 3, 2011 at 7:48:17 am

How about using a piece of cardboard and painting that? It does not even need to be round. It's light enough and easy to come by since any large moving box will do.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved