ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects CS5 renders out to choppy videos? I need assistance! :)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Johnny McNeil
After Effects CS5 renders out to choppy videos? I need assistance! :)
on Jul 2, 2011 at 5:50:50 am

I recently bought a new computer and installed my copy of AE CS5 on it. Now, this isn't some low-grade computer either. It has a quad-core processor, 8GBs of RAM, and a 1TB 7200RPM hard drive, and it's certainly an upgrade from my laptop. Back to the problem though... Whenever I am working in After Effects, everything works just fine. My RAM Previews go smoothly, and it all works out. But as soon I try to actually render something to a video, it ends up being choppy. I don't know if my computer just can't handle it or what, but it's kinda' annoying at this point. I've tried changing the settings, but I don't know what I'm doin'. What are the optimal settings for performance, while not giving up too much quality?

Should I perhaps look into getting a new graphics card? I don't think I got a very good one from the start anyways.

Any help is appreciated.

Return to posts index

David Johnson
Re: After Effects CS5 renders out to choppy videos? I need assistance! :)
on Jul 2, 2011 at 3:29:02 pm

http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/202/891550

Return to posts index

Johnny McNeil
on Jul 2, 2011 at 6:42:58 pm

Thanks for the link, but I actually figured it out. There is a different codec (called "H.264" or something like that) that saves a .MP4, and it still has reasonable quality. :P

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jul 5, 2011 at 3:12:08 pm

As mentioned in the link you were given, that's not really the best way to go about things. If you render a lossless file from AE and then use the Adobe Media encoder to do your h.264 encoding you can end up with a smaller file size with a higher quality image.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Johnny McNeil
on Jul 5, 2011 at 5:24:30 pm

Oh really? Cool! I'll try that.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]