ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Rotobrush keeps self-distructing

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris LauritzenRotobrush keeps self-distructing
by on Jul 1, 2011 at 2:00:26 am

I don't know a better way to say it. I'll be going through the time-line tweaking away. Then 15 or 20 seconds into it I look down and the "green line" is gone. Next thing I know the green line is re-calculating from the base frame and all my tweaks are gone. I have to start all over again. I have a pretty powerful computer - 16-gigs of RAM, i7 quad-core, hyper-threading, 1T C-drive and a 2T RAID, Windows 7, everything is 64-bit. What am I doing wrong?
I'm using clips and sub-clips created in Premiere. When I start my composition, I drop the sub-clip onto the composition icon to make sure that all the composition settings sync up. The actual clip is usually an .avi that resides on the RAID (in this case DV - 29.97fps). The actual AE project data resides on the C drive (as is recommended for Premiere). Then when I start to use the rotobrush, a little window pops up at the bottom of the screen telling me I have a frame mismatch and that I should change my frame rate on the composition to 59.94 fps. In the project panel I can see that they are both 29.97fps. I've tried it both ways... switching the composition to 59.94 and leaving it at 29.97. It doesn't seem to matter.
One last note: in a couple of projects I have been able to use the rotobrush successfully every time. But I can't figure out what I did right. The frame mismatch shows up every time I start a new composition.
I've seen this problem in other forum posts but the usual suggested fix is more RAM. I don't think that's the problem here. (BTW - I watched tons of AE tutorials. None of them go into set-up or preferences.) THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

Return to posts index

niccolo ungaroRe: Rotobrush keeps self-distructing
by on Jul 1, 2011 at 4:47:28 pm

Try to render out .mov file from your .avi in af.

I thinck it could depend on yor round trip with Premiere....(maby).

Good lack &
Let me know.

Return to posts index

Chris LauritzenRe: Rotobrush keeps self-distructing
by on Jul 1, 2011 at 5:33:57 pm

Thanks Niccolo. I'll try making the change. I was having problems with the round trip function so I decided to just use the Premiere link. Maybe that's it. I'll let you know.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved