ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

3D text not moving with NULL

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>

Brandon Morris
3D text not moving with NULL
on Jun 29, 2011 at 5:43:26 pm

I need the 3d text to spin with the laser beams. The laser beams are attached to a null and spin correctly.
2d text in 3d space will attach to the null and spin with no problem.
But ideally, I'd like some extrusion and have the text warped in 3d pace to match the circular paths.

More details:
I have this 3D environment with an animated cam move.
The 3 laser beams are supposed to be branches of a company (education, growth, wealth).
I need them all to be spinning in the environment. The laser beams are 2d solids laid out in 3d space (anchor points are at the tops).
There is a null at the top used to spin everything together. So the laser beams all spin at once, correctly.
The 3d text is made with Boris Continuum's Extruded Text plugin on a solid layer. I can't seem to find a way to correctly move the text on a 3d path matching the main null.
2d text in 3d space will attach to the null and spin with no problem. But ideally, I'd like some extrusion and have the text warped in 3d pace to match the circular paths.

Brandon Morris
http://www.brandonmorris.com

Canon T2i
13" Macbook Pro (Mid 09) 8GB RAM 10.6

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Re: 3D text not moving with NULL
on Jun 29, 2011 at 6:25:30 pm

If you use Invigorator Pro from Zaxwerks, you could link 3d text to a 3d layer in AE that can be positioned at the end of the beam and parented to the main Null. This way you will have 3d text animated by the Null.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]