ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

rendering at quarter resolution

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Johnny Smith
rendering at quarter resolution
on Jun 29, 2011 at 5:31:39 am

I animated an effect heavy clip at quarter resolution ( i'm talking about the setting next to the "active camera", below the image ) and unfortunately when I render normally it gives me a totally different and undesirable look. How do I render ( i'm using ProRes 422 ) @quarter to match the preview?

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Re: rendering at quarter resolution
on Jun 29, 2011 at 7:55:01 am

My first question would be why do you need to do that? If it's just for preview reasons to send to a client, I would recommend using Adobe Media Encoder- open the AE project in Encoder, choose the comp you need rendered and then render out using a preset.
You can also choose to "stretch" (shrink) the image to a smaller size in the Render Queue.
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/aftereffects/cs/using/WS3878526689cb91655866c11...

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Johnny Smith
on Jun 30, 2011 at 12:14:11 am

Certain settings in trapcode form look much better in a quarter view than full view. Especially in Motion Preview Render Mode. ( i like the downsampling look ). Not sure if shrinking the image would solve this. Also the link you posted does not explain how to shrink the image.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Jun 30, 2011 at 1:44:47 am

[Johnny Smith] "Certain settings in trapcode form look much better in a quarter view than full view. Especially in Motion Preview Render Mode. ( i like the downsampling look )."

You could precomp your Form layer, then pre-render [link] or proxy [link] it at quarter res. If you use proxies, make sure you set your final render's render settings to Use Comp Proxies or Use All Proxies.

If you really need hard, nearest-neighbor scaling, you can use Draft mode on your low-res pre-render. Just make sure to set your final render's settings from Best to Current.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Johnny Smith
on Jun 30, 2011 at 5:49:41 am

your method (both pre-render and proxy) produced a quarter sized final image that looked different than my preview window. I'd like the final image to be full size ( 1920x1080 ) but with quarter resolution so it would look just like I see it in my preview window.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]