ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Camera + Motion Blur make a weird transparency effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
miguel jaraCamera + Motion Blur make a weird transparency effect
by on Jun 28, 2011 at 1:26:15 pm

Hi All,

First of all Thanks for all the help you gave to me (and to others) solving the most of the questions I made before!! THX.

I have a new problem. I have 3 3d-layers. One is the car body without wheels and two other 2 are the wheels. The wheels rotate and have motion blur turned on, the car body just change position but it does not have motion blur. The wheels are a little deeper(z-axis)than the car body, and they are not completly visible from front view, the top of the rear wheel remain behind the car body, BUT when I render the scene (or indeed when I just put the Moniot rresolution into "full") It can be seen the top parts of the wheels, as a ghost over the car body completing the wheel with the top part that must be behind it.

I was thinking that it have something related to the proximity in z-axis between the layers, and so I put a little deeper the wheels layers just until a point were the car does not seem weird, but it remains the same.

Any help will be appreciated, Thanks in advance,

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Camera + Motion Blur make a weird transparency effect
by on Jun 28, 2011 at 1:55:31 pm

i'm not sure why ae would do that... it may be due to render order, possibly non motion blur elements are rendered firs, then motion blur elements, then they get composited. but it does seem strange.

you could test that by enabling motion blur for the car body too, just to see if it renders correctly.

you could try duplicating the car layer and using it as a track matte (alpha inverted) for each wheel to see if that knocks out the tops of the wheels.

you could also try pre-comping the wheels together. that may force ae to render those first, then composite them with the car body.

or you could try not using ae's motion blur and fake it with radial blur on the wheels.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Camera + Motion Blur make a weird transparency effect
by on Jun 28, 2011 at 1:57:32 pm

How about turning motion blur on for the car layer? Does that help?
If not, try putting a 2d layer between the wheels and the car (like an adjustment layer) and see if that helps.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved