ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

A couple of issues re. Premiere keyframe/blending roundtrip

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Turner
A couple of issues re. Premiere keyframe/blending roundtrip
on Jun 28, 2011 at 11:52:20 am

Hi, so I've got a bit of a frustrating issue.

I have a very carefully keyframed/bezied motion/scale paths in a clip in Premiere.

I have been doing comp work to the original clip in AE, and need to either add these settings in an nested composition in AE or Premiere.

BUT

Neither works:

Exported/Dynamic Link from AE: Doesn't retain layer blending modes; sequence relates to clip underneath. (Read below for why you can't do this in AE).

Copy/Paste Motion to AE: I can copy and paste a clip into an AE comp with all the same keyframing but it loses the beziers on the Scale only??? Position is fine, but Scale comes in without any beziers.

I would be EXTREMELY grateful if anyone could shed some light on this, deadline is pushing and have to get it out to render one way or the other, but can't get either to work successfully.

Thanks a huge amount in advance, someone must have run into this before...

Dan

Return to posts index

Chris Buttacoli
Re: A couple of issues re. Premiere keyframe/blending roundtrip
on Jun 28, 2011 at 4:41:14 pm

Seems like you should have done the keyframing in AE instead of
PPro - would of been tons easier, no?

What I normally do is render out the AE comp to something fairly lossless like QT-photo-jpeg or MicrosoftDV (for SD stuff), then in Premiere, import the file and use the "replace with clip from bin" command on the clip to be swapped.

Return to posts index

Dan Turner
on Jun 28, 2011 at 5:21:30 pm

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, at the time it was better for rendering reasons; it's a 20 min 5Kx5K sequence time-remapped and motion/scale controlled, so I needed it in real-time, and Premiere's RT was much better, but the curves are so specific re-doing the beziers in AE isn't an option...

With regards to re-importing, this isn't possible as there's blending modes that relate to a background plate, and neither TIF or Dynamic Link can keep that information.

Return to posts index

Vincent McAninch
on Mar 5, 2012 at 11:52:14 pm

Late to the party, but I ran into this issue with blending modes while using Dynamic Link between AE and PPro. In my AE comp I deselected "continuously rastorize" and that solved my issue–the blending mode updated as expected in PPro.

Vincent McAninch
Shooter/Editor
http://www.vincentmcaninch.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]