ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Intergration with after effects and premiere pro cs5.5

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aidan Tanner
Intergration with after effects and premiere pro cs5.5
on Jun 28, 2011 at 6:41:20 am

I'm working on a action movie where I need to take clips out of my timeline from premiere pro and put them into after effects to do some muzzle flare effects, so that works out but when I try to import another it doesn't work and then for some reason I have to close premiere and then when I reopen my project the files that I was doing the effects on go offline and then when I open the after effects project of that clip that needs the effects was in and It says after effects crashed!!! And I have to restart!!

Basically I need a good efficient way to edit multiple action scenes in one whole movie (and obviously I don't want to import the whole premiere timeline)using dynamic link somehow.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Re: Intergration with after effects and premiere pro cs5.5
on Jun 28, 2011 at 7:59:00 am

Cut your action in separate Sequences in Premiere and put those Sequences in the main edit Sequence. This way you need only to import those Sequences in AE and do the FX on them. My advice is to get the cut in the final form, do the FX in AE, render out uncompressed (or ProRes if you're on a mac) and bring those clips to replace the FX sequences in Premiere.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Aidan Tanner
on Jun 29, 2011 at 5:35:33 am

Is there any other way or is that it and can you please give me more details on how to do it?

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
on Jun 29, 2011 at 8:08:15 am

You need to create a new Sequence in Premiere for each fx scene. Cut that scene and use the sequence in the final edit in Premiere. It's like a pre- comp in AE. This way you can open each fx sequence in AE separately and do the fx on it.
http://www.ehow.com/how_2278231_nest-sequences-adobe-premiere-pro.html
http://library.creativecow.net/articles/velte_mike/premiere-pro.php

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]