ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Disable Rendering

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josephs Brett
Disable Rendering
on Jun 28, 2011 at 12:09:06 am

This feels like it should be the most simple thing in the world, but for some reason the function doesn't seem to exist.

I want to disable rendering in After Effects. So that when I drag a mask on a composition, only the vector on the mask shape moves. Then, when I click 'Render', the changes I've made are analysed, and then applied to the new render.

That is, instead of AE adding like a retarded puppy, jumping up and down and trying to render everything as I do it.

I know Final Cut and Shake have this function, and I can't believe that AE doesn't...

So far the only method I can see is to close the composition viewer window. That world for changing variables in opacity and such, but is useless when it comes to masks and so on..........

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
Re: Disable Rendering
on Jun 28, 2011 at 12:19:59 am

perhaps disabling live update might be what you are looking for...?

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/AfterEffects/9.0/WSAF696587-2D81-42e2-B248-4C5C...

it's one of the toggle options just above the timeline... it looks like a rectangle with an 'x' in it over a shaded rectangle.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Brian Charles
on Jun 28, 2011 at 12:28:14 pm

[Josephs Brett] "That is, instead of AE adding like a retarded puppy, jumping up and down and trying to render everything as I do it.
"

Have you tried using the Caps Lock key? That disables updating. RTFM.

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
on Jun 28, 2011 at 12:59:49 pm

yep... there's also solo-ing layers so ae is only rendering the layers that you are working with, that can also improve ae's interaction response with complex comps.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]