ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

I MESSED UP FRAME RATES, 29.98 to 24 IMAGE SEQUENCE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben BjelajacI MESSED UP FRAME RATES, 29.98 to 24 IMAGE SEQUENCE
by on Jun 27, 2011 at 10:46:34 pm

I've just finished my After Effects Project that took forever and am now delivering. I was required to deliver as a Tiff Image Sequence, and export went great until it was delivered to the editor using 24 FPS AVID and it turned out strobing, but I think the word they use for it is "stepping".
I understand why this could happen, since you can't get .98 of a Tiff image, but when I try to render out with the comp settings at 24 FPS the strobing gets worse and I'm even seeing repeating frames.

Im an animator and I never really pay attention to this kind of thing, I usually have someone else do it for me, but now im up against a deadline and Im not sure how to fix the frame rate/strobing issue without reanimating in a 24 frame per second comp, which would take forever. Anyone have any ideas on how to get my animation made at 29.98 per second to run at 24 frames per second in an image sequence?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: I MESSED UP FRAME RATES, 29.98 to 24 IMAGE SEQUENCE
by on Jun 27, 2011 at 11:55:30 pm

if the comp is made entirely from animations generated within ae and not with additional footage or rendered material, then you should be able to simply drop the 29.98 comp into a 24fps comp (same duration and frame size, etc.) and render the 24fps comp to a new image sequence. ae will re-interpolate all keyframed movements to match the frame rate of the new/parent comp.

if you do have other footage or renders with different frame rates, then you might try the same approach, but the movement within that footage may not be as smooth as the animated elements.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: I MESSED UP FRAME RATES, 29.98 to 24 IMAGE SEQUENCE
by on Jun 28, 2011 at 9:34:20 pm

[Ben Bjelajac] "Anyone have any ideas on how to get my animation made at 29.98 per second to run at 24 frames per second in an image sequence?"

If you rendered an image sequence, then imported it into AE, you can conform it to 24 fps. Go File>Intrpret>Main, then change the frame rate.

/When you drag the sequence onto the Make Comp icon, the resulting comp will assume its frame rate.

There are many applications that can do this kind of frame rate adjustment, called conforming.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]