ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Adobe Media Encoder fails to connect to FTP

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David CabestanyAdobe Media Encoder fails to connect to FTP
by on Jun 25, 2011 at 4:58:35 pm

Hi, I'm posting this here due to the lack of a dedicated AME forum.

I have a couple After Effect projects that I've been trying to render and automatically upload to an ftp overnight for the client to approve in the morning. They're full HD and rather complex so they're taking a lot of time to render but the final file is somewhere in the 30mb-100mb size since they're only for approval, I'm encoding to QT H.264.

What I've been trying to do so far without success is render the files out of Adobe Media Encoder instead of After Effects, and set them up to automatically upload after they're ready. I always test the connection and it's always is successful, I even check that the test file shows up in the ftp, and after that I hit the start button... only to find out the following message next morning:

Thu Jun 23 01:57:52 2011 : Encoding Failed
FTP of encoded files failed as AME could not connect to the remote server. Please check the settings and try again later.

One time the files were rendered and available on my hard disk so I was able to upload them in the morning, manually. The other time the files weren't produced at all, so I had to start all over again and then upload manually.

My computer is not going to sleep at night during the encoding, I'm sure of that, and I've been able to upload files in the past, it just started doing this, yet nothing changed on my internet connection. I always quit all software and unplug anything but the hard drive rendering the clips so the machine does not get disrupted by anything while encoding.

Can anyone share some insights on this?
Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

David CabestanyRe: Adobe Media Encoder fails to connect to FTP
by on Jun 28, 2011 at 2:40:10 pm

Really? Nobody?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved