ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

CS5 aif audio slipping / moving on timeline

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg NeumayerCS5 aif audio slipping / moving on timeline
by on Jun 24, 2011 at 6:03:27 pm

I'm having odd problems with my aif audio clip slipping/moving to new positions on my AE timeline. I have one clip (aprox 2 min.), that I've duplicated, setting a new in/out for each audio layer (phrases of a VO session). I get it just right, but when I restarted AE, or tried to slide the layer (not slip footage), the audio slips inside of my in and out for all layers. It's like the original aif file is changing it's specs and AE is getting confused about the total duration or something.

Anyone else have this issue or a fix?

p.s. Note that I've recently downloaded the trial of AE 5.5 stand-alone (that I needed for working on another project), but I'm not currently running it on this project. I'm using 5.0 Production Bundle.

Antifreeze Design

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: CS5 aif audio slipping / moving on timeline
by on Jun 24, 2011 at 6:20:31 pm

[Greg Neumayer] "I'm using 5.0 Production Bundle."

I've seen you around the COW long enough to know that you may actually MEAN AE 5.0 Production Bundle, but it's more likely you're talking about CS5.

If you're using the software without the benefit of updating (free, find it under Help>Update) you really should do it. AE 10.0.0 had trouble dealing with aiff files -- stinkin' aiff's, for cryin' out loud -- which was resolved in subsequent updates.

Try it and see what happens. Turn off firewall / antivirus software when you do it.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Greg NeumayerRe: CS5 aif audio slipping / moving on timeline
by on Jun 24, 2011 at 6:39:01 pm

LOL. Yeah. I mean CS5. (I wish marketing departments would get over their fear of versions that go beyond 10!)

It looks like I'm using and the update would take me to 10.0.2

I'd just start using CS5.5, but I had to grab it quick for a job. Last time I tried to upgrade only certain apps from the Production Bundle I had a world of headaches until I uninstalled everything and just loaded my Production Bundle from scratch. But... there goes a day's worth of work getting that up and running with plug-ins...

Anyway, thanks for the update note, Dave. I also converted my audio to wav and replaced the footage file, which seems to be working so far.

Antifreeze Design

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: CS5 aif audio slipping / moving on timeline
by on Jun 25, 2011 at 1:25:52 am

As Dave said, the AIF issue was fixed in the 10.0.1 update. Installing the 10.0.2 update includes all fixes in 10.0.1.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved