ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

animated look with live action

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Cadge
animated look with live action
on Jun 24, 2011 at 2:18:47 pm

Hello,

Does anyone know of a A/E or FCP filter or another software that can give a look similar to the Charles Schwab commercials that have a animated/live action look?

We're shooting a live action corporate video and client is asking to achieve a similar type effect.

Thanks,

Jeff Cadge

Return to posts index

mike lesniak
Re: animated look with live action
on Jun 24, 2011 at 3:34:20 pm

checkout red giant's toonit

Return to posts index

Jeff Cadge
on Jun 24, 2011 at 3:49:44 pm

Thanks Mike!

We'll look into it.

Jeff Cadge

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jun 24, 2011 at 5:34:38 pm

There have been a lot of threads about this over the years ever since Waking Life came out in 2001. I'd suggest a forum search for Charles Schwab and one for Waking Life. You should find a lot of info and suggestions.

There is a cartoon effect bundled with AE. It doesn't really look good at its default settings and would require a lot of tweaking to get it to look the way you want (it would require the right lighting on set too).

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Craig Wall
on Jun 25, 2011 at 2:04:38 am

I've played with posterization/painterly filters over the years (just a little) and I doubt that any filter will give you as nice a look as those commercials, no matter how much one tweaks.

I gotta believe those commercials were done via rotoscoping, with painstaking tracing.

If I'm wrong I'd love to know...because I'd buy such a plugin in a heartbeat if it can do such a thing at such a high level.

Life is full of funny particles.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]