ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Motion Controlling Stroke end %. possible?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vishal MedepalliMotion Controlling Stroke end %. possible?
by on Jun 24, 2011 at 1:42:38 pm

I'm currently working on a project where i need to control the stroke end percentage based on a motion of a hand. I stroke animated the strings of a guitar in a footage where the person moves his hands over the frets.. now i want to animate in such a way that the guitar strings ( which are strokes.. ) follow the motion of the hand, [which i want to achieve through changing the value of end % of a stroke from (50% - 100%)] ? is there nyway to achieve this

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Motion Controlling Stroke end %. possible?
by on Jun 24, 2011 at 2:07:56 pm

It would probably be better to just keyframe it by hand. That is, unless it's a really long shot.

It might be possible to set up an expression that calculates the distance between two things (a null with motion tracking data and another null on the neck of the guitar) and translate that to an amount for the stroke, but it could be a bit involved.
I'd recommend posting this question in the Expressions forum.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Vishal MedepalliRe: Motion Controlling Stroke end %. possible?
by on Jun 24, 2011 at 3:36:21 pm

thank you for the suggestion. Its a 10 sec shot, but has lot of hand movement. key framing it by hand? i guess i dont have that much time. I'll better try posting in the expression forum. thanks again. :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved