ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Timeline slider

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Priyank BhadkamkarTimeline slider
by on Jun 24, 2011 at 4:55:14 am

I have few queries. And I guess there are inter related.

1> While I move my timeline slider with mouse keeping it clicked, it's not previewed on my screen (the video or animation) .
I have to move the slider and leave the mouse click, then only the video or animation on screen changes to where I have stopped my timeline slider. Earlier it was not like this. Earlier while I used to move the slider, the video used to progress too as per the timeline.

2> When I animate my text, or anything ;for example - text, shape layer or any outside layer of illustrator or photoshop, there is this problem that occurs. When I move my layer with mouse to give it new Position, while moving the layer is not seen, only the outside box appears of the layer. For example, I have a text layer named 'ADOBE'. So If I click it and move, while moving, the text 'ADOBE' disappears, only the outside BOX is seen which becomes dificult to exactly position it.

3> Third query is also related to the 2nd one...and maybe to the 1st one too......
If I make a layer to 3D layer. And then add a camera layer to it. So when I move the camera angle to animate the layer, again the layer disappears while moving the camera tool, only the box is seen while moving, and when I leave the click on mouse, the layer appears again. It becomes dificult to animate as I dont see the layer while moving.

Help me :( as soon as you can.
Thanking you,

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Timeline slider
by on Jun 24, 2011 at 6:09:04 am

Here's a link to some information about fast previews in AE:
You should select the Fast Preview at the bottom of your Comp window to be able to see changes in the comp window as you scrub the timeline. The other issues you mentioned are related to this as well.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Priyank BhadkamkarRe: Timeline slider
by on Jun 24, 2011 at 6:52:54 am

I tried that. I tried with all options in the Fast Previews. Tried all adaptive resolution. tried with enable openGL. and without it too....But its still not working. anything wrong i am doing in that option? It used to work properly few months back. Its just since few weeks its giving problems.

Return to posts index

by on Jun 24, 2011 at 7:05:09 am

I got a temporary solution from the thread you posted.
All the three issues of mine are solved when I press ALT and then Scrub through the timeline. And even the box issue was solved when I pressed ALT and then moved the layer.

So is there anything I am doing wrong? how can I permanently solve this problem instead of clicking Alt everytime?

Return to posts index

by on Jun 24, 2011 at 7:35:07 am

HEY .......i got the solution to it :) i had my LIVE UPDATE option deselected. now its working properly :) thanks for the help

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved