ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

change frame rate master comp

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ronald Pronkchange frame rate master comp
by on Jun 23, 2011 at 7:45:17 am

Hello,
i bought a news leader template which has many subsequenses. All are in 29,97 and i like to export to 25fps. If i change the frame rate of the master comp, will all other comp's which are 29,97 and which are placed in this comp play slower to reach to frame rate 25 fps or will it play at normal speed and by changing the master comp all comps therefor are 25fps?

No video yet has been placed in the subcomps, alle are graphics.

Thanks for any response,

Ronald

Return to posts index

Steve RenardRe: change frame rate master comp
by on Jun 23, 2011 at 2:20:22 pm

AE will try to change the timing, but you will probably end up with some weird stuff happening in your master comp as it tries to do so. I'd recommend saving a version of the project and then trying to change just master comp, and then if that is giving you weird results, try changing the sub-comps as well.

Under any circumstances you will probably end up with some strangeness like keyframes not landing exactly on a frame and stuff like that. It won't necessarily cause problems for you, but might be a little difficult to work with until you straighten all of out.

Good luck,
Steve

------------
Steve Renard
Media Director, Cicada Design Inc.
and Freelance Know-it-all
647-406-7991
srenard@cicadadesign.ca
http://www.cicadadesign.ca

Return to posts index

Ronald PronkRe: change frame rate master comp
by on Jun 23, 2011 at 4:05:56 pm

Thanks for your answer, looks like the old method "trail and error" aplies here. I will see, thank you for your response

Return to posts index

Erik EliasonRe: change frame rate master comp
by on Aug 19, 2013 at 9:56:06 pm

I've got the same issue, doing a quick job for a client who bought a template. Did you make any conclusions?
Best //Erik

Return to posts index

Ronald PronkRe: change frame rate master comp
by on Aug 20, 2013 at 7:26:33 am

I did changed all the comps to 25 fps and all looked well so i did not try anything further. I think in my template even only changing the master comp only would have been sufficient but i did not want to tkae the chance since i did not had the time to do a full render test. Changing all the sub comps took me a few minutes which seems the right thing to do,

Cheers,
Ronald

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]