ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Making textures stick to animated text using AE text animator / presets.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom EnglefieldMaking textures stick to animated text using AE text animator / presets.
by on Jun 23, 2011 at 2:25:21 am

First post here so hello :)

Had a quick look for an answer on this but did not find anything.

So I have some text in after effects that I have added a texture to using an alpha matte. Of course moving/animating the text around does not move the texture also. So I can either parent the texture to the text or make a pre-comp and then my text moves/animates with texture perfectly.

The problem I am having is I want to use a text animation preset that comes with AE. When I use these on the text the texture goes back to being not animated even when parented or in a pre-comp. I am guessing something to do with the text animator only effecting the layer its created on?

Anyhow, is there any way around this at all?

I could make each letter a layer and animate them individually but just thinking about that makes my eyes bleed :)

Any help appreciated!

Regards,

Tom.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Making textures stick to animated text using AE text animator / presets.
by on Jun 23, 2011 at 6:31:37 am

If you want the texture to stick to a text that animates as a whole, that may be possible, but to have the texture stick to each letter individually, you would have to animate each letter separately like you suggested.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Tom EnglefieldRe: Making textures stick to animated text using AE text animator / presets.
by on Jun 23, 2011 at 1:11:26 pm

Thought as much :)

Thanks for the reply, Ted.

Tom.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]