ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Render farm management software.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Harry AronstenRender farm management software.
by on Jun 21, 2011 at 5:48:52 am

I have been doing a lot of research lately on how to speed up our rendering times and doing background rendering in AE and setting up a render farm looks like a good option, but from everything I have read in the CW forums so far seems to be about using the built in network rendering options, so I am wondering if anyone can tell me about their experiences with other render management software.

Basically if we have multiple artists submitting jobs it seems like it would be hell with the standard AE network render options, but is there software with a GUI inside AE that can send jobs to the same render farm that other artists are using? I don't want artists messing around with command line interfaces etc...

I'm thinking artist #1 would be storing their project on a shared networked drive called "D1" and artist #2 uses "D2" etc so the render farm knows which project is located on which drive.

So far it seems PipelineFX Qube! may be able to do this, but I haven't found much info on using multiple computers to submit jobs, plus haven't been able to find pricing info for Qube! either.

Much appreciate anyone that has done something similar to what I'm talking about commenting here, thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved