ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

'Flashing' frames after CS4 Render

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Owen'Flashing' frames after CS4 Render
by on Jun 20, 2011 at 6:18:38 pm

Hey all,

I wonder if anyone has come across this before....

Every time I render a certain clip out of CS4 I get some strange flashing towards the end of the file. I'm 100% sure it's not in the timeline or the source footage and it isn't even consistent in the renders, it's always towards the end but not always the same frames?

It's Pro Res going in and Pro Res coming out although I've tried various different codecs with no luck. The timeline contains a boujou camera, nulls and a few adjustment layers. Even with all the layers turned off (apart from the source file) I still get the same problem.

I've attached a clip to better highlight the problem -

Any help will be truly appreciated as always!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: 'Flashing' frames after CS4 Render
by on Jun 20, 2011 at 8:37:59 pm

Portions of the video almost look as if shot as time-lapse footage with a still camera, but the iris was on auto.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

David OwenRe: 'Flashing' frames after CS4 Render
by on Jul 6, 2011 at 10:45:49 am

I know this post has been dead for a while but I found a bit of a work around. Not sure why it works but it does.

The flashing frames continued on a few other shots after a render out of CS4. I realised that all of the shots that had this problem originally came from Nuke (as Apple Pro Res). If I opened up the original Pro Res from Nuke in QT and exported again as the same size, same codec, then imported that back into AE and rendered the flashing would stop.

I've never seen this happen before and it seems pretty specific to this workflow but if anyone else gets this problem I hope this helps someone in the herd.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved