ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

It is possible to render in 1080p H.264 in CS5 or is it bugged as in CS4?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas HardyIt is possible to render in 1080p H.264 in CS5 or is it bugged as in CS4?
by on Jun 19, 2011 at 1:07:37 pm

Hey,

I'm trying to use H.264 codecs to render some projects in CS4, I just can't find good working settings... I know H.264 was supposed to be used for 640x480, however, I found quicktime does the conversion in 1080p without problems, same with ripbot, that make me think, why the hell CS4 not?!

Can I use .mp4 HD 1080p H.264 codecs in CS5 or is the same as in CS4?

P.S.: Dave, all your advices are amazing, you spread knowledge.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: It is possible to render in 1080p H.264 in CS5 or is it bugged as in CS4?
by on Jun 19, 2011 at 6:13:19 pm

[Thomas Hardy] "I'm trying to use H.264 codecs to render some projects in CS4, I just can't find good working settings... I know H.264 was supposed to be used for 640x480, however, I found quicktime does the conversion in 1080p without problems, same with ripbot, that make me think, why the hell CS4 not?! Can I use .mp4 HD 1080p H.264 codecs in CS5 or is the same as in CS4?"

Are you talking about importing H.264 footage, or exporting H.264 renders?

CS5 does handle imported H.264 footage without the problems that CS4 and earlier had.

It doesn't render H.264 any better, though, because AE's render queue does not do multi-pass encoding. Dave's Stock Answer #3 [link] is your best advice here.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Thomas HardyRe: It is possible to render in 1080p H.264 in CS5 or is it bugged as in CS4?
by on Jun 19, 2011 at 7:20:10 pm

Hello,

Thanks for reply, I want to export the project as h.264.

I know after effects is not the best way to do the final render, personally I always work in .avi uncompressed then I use megui or ripbot to encode it, but right now I'm trying to automatically generate repeated videos with different texts (4 or 5 different projects), would be nice to do it without third party softwares.

I've found a software that I can handle from visual basic called "h265 encoder" (http://www.h264encoder.com/), pretty simple, takes a few minutes to encode but it's a nice quality and supports full HD.

Even maybe I can handle this software from the .jsx to be launched automatically once the render ends.

I will try with this one, if I can't handle it I will start my own encoder since there are some source codes used by megui and others avaible here: http://www.videolan.org/developers/x264.html

Thanks for your advice, I will keep trying different options.

Thomas Hardy.-
Newbie and Learning.

Return to posts index

Andrew VincentRe: It is possible to render in 1080p H.264 in CS5 or is it bugged as in CS4?
by on Jun 19, 2011 at 10:41:06 pm

I've rendered out videos with H.264 in AAE CS5 with 720p footage and 1080i footage before (in .mp4). I've never had any problems. I haven't tried it with 1080p footage, however, but I'm assuming that it would work too since 1080i is similar...ish.

In CS4, I always got weird artifacts when rendering with those same settings, but it seems to work in CS5 now. Hope it works for you!

Return to posts index

Thomas HardyRe: It is possible to render in 1080p H.264 in CS5 or is it bugged as in CS4?
by on Jun 20, 2011 at 7:13:20 am

Ok, so, it works in CS5? please someone else confirm.

Are you sure you're using H.264 and .mp4? not .mov + H.264? and are you sure you're using the render queue to render? not export?

I mean, if I must pay for the CS5 I must be sure it works... it's expensive for a third world guy like me you know.

Thomas Hardy.-
Newbie and Learning.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: It is possible to render in 1080p H.264 in CS5 or is it bugged as in CS4?
by on Jun 20, 2011 at 5:20:00 pm

You could use Adobe Media Encoder (which you should already have with CS4) to render comps from an AE project.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

by on Jun 20, 2011 at 5:37:56 pm

Is the first time I see it, yes, is there, I will give it a try.

Someone tried to render with aerender.exe in 1080p X264 .mp4?

Thomas Hardy.-
Newbie and Learning.

Return to posts index

by on Jun 20, 2011 at 6:01:05 pm

I mean H.264.

Thomas Hardy.-
Newbie and Learning.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]