ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Moving Green Screen Suit in Frame

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick WillemsMoving Green Screen Suit in Frame
by on Jun 18, 2011 at 9:46:18 pm

Here's what I'm hoping to do: using a green screen suit, key it out and replace with a solid color, but take that shape and move it to a different point in the frame.

This probably sounds like a goofy idea, since the whole idea of chroma keying is removing a color and basically creating a hole in the image. Right now my plan is to shoot background plates and make an animated mask around the person in the suit. Of course, this will be an extremely time-consuming process, so I'm wondering if there's a simpler way. Is there any way to make the keyed shape into a mask? Can I drop out the background and replace the green with another color?

I'm sure this is a strange request, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Moving Green Screen Suit in Frame
by on Jun 19, 2011 at 8:47:41 pm

[Patrick Willems] "Here's what I'm hoping to do: using a green screen suit, key it out and replace with a solid color, but take that shape and move it to a different point in the frame... Right now my plan is to shoot background plates and make an animated mask around the person in the suit."

No need to make a mask -- just use the keyed version of your footage as an inverted alpha matte [link] for a solid layer of the color of your choice.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]