ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

video presentation

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sasha Shumylovideo presentation
by on Jun 18, 2011 at 7:40:00 pm

Hi, sorry for my bad english

I want to make a video-presentation, i mean to make some cool stuff in After Effect, export it into some format and the video should stop automatically in certain moment and then play by mouse click.

So, the question is how to make the video interactive?

With QuickTime 7? Its no longer supported and i can't find a FAQ or something about how to write this sprites
//Inspired by Keynote export function

With Flash? If i export in .flv, i lose quality. Can I attach .mov or .mp4 or .avi to flash? and write a code to stop, loop, start this video?

With Encore?

With PowerPoint/Keynote? Make a video for each slide. Here I have some doubt about performance

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: video presentation
by on Jun 18, 2011 at 7:48:17 pm

Flash can play f4v and flv and the quality is really good- just encode with Adobe Media Encoder and not AE. Open your project in Encoder, select the comp you want rendered and choose a preset.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Sasha ShumyloRe: video presentation
by on Jun 18, 2011 at 10:02:12 pm

Thanks, quality is pretty good :) like it

Return to posts index

Luis O MaymiRe: video presentation
by on Jun 19, 2011 at 1:17:08 am

Using Encore you can put as "First Play" the AFX video animation and when the video stops you will automatically redirect it to a menu (which will be a snapshot of the last frame of your AFX comp exactly when it stops). This can be done by setting up the "End Action" of your AFX animation to your menu. In that menu (which will be basically a snapshot) you can add one big button that will activate by mouse click (no matter where you click). Then you "Link" the other part of your AFX animation to this big button and your animation will continue where it left of.
Two things you need to be aware; first you need to render your AFX compositions in two parts (based on your video being stop one time). This needs to be done because in Encore you will be linking your videos in different buttons.
Second, the menu that will act as the "stop" needs to be done in Photoshop by exporting the last frame of your AFX composition (this will be the last frame of your first video). Also a sudden change between resolutions could happen, so if your project is in HD use Encore Blu Ray settings or if is in SD use Encore DVD settings and set your AFX pixel dimensions exactly as the one you are using in Encore. Also the pixel dimensions of the snapshot imported in Photoshop should be the same.

If you are doing this video presentation on a meeting or somewhere else, you can export this in an Image or DVD. An Image (ISO) works best. If you want it to post this video presentation online then Encore have the option to export to Flash.

The meaning of a movie are the characters, the life of the movie is the music, but the magic is in the editing.
http://www.xeneuxe.com/lomaymi

Return to posts index

by on Jun 19, 2011 at 12:16:24 pm

Thanks for respons, but it will take too long to make that kind of presentation

i hope that there is a simplere solution for stop and play functionality

Return to posts index

Brian CharlesRe: video presentation
by on Jun 19, 2011 at 2:58:31 pm

Flash is the best format. Make the video in After Effects and use Media Encoder to set cue points.

Build a video player in Flash and have it load the video and respond to the cue points.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: video presentation
by on Jun 19, 2011 at 8:20:40 pm

[Sasha Shumylo] "With PowerPoint/Keynote? Make a video for each slide. Here I have some doubt about performance"

I have done this with Keynote. I prefer sending the media to a proper DDR, but Keynote will work fine.

Of course, the last frame of the outgoing video must match the first frame of the incoming video on each "slide" for this to be seamless.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

by on Jun 20, 2011 at 10:02:51 am

Thanks for respons

I'm trying to make it with Flash, because probably i will need to loop some parts of video, so i will need a little bit more control of video

Return to posts index

subhasini GuptaRe: video presentation
by on Jan 8, 2014 at 7:35:02 am

hi my name is subhasini

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]