ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Washed out outputs issue

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
simon mountney
Washed out outputs issue
on Jun 17, 2011 at 9:03:09 am

Hi all, I've been attempting to do cutouts of rotating bottles for a project, and it seems that my outputs lose their gamma detail every time. They're being outputted as animations with an alpha channel, once there, they are taken into photoshop, a certain number of frames are selected (the client only needs 60 frames), and then the frames are outputted as PNGs at their request. Now I did all this, and they got back to me saying that the images were washed out. Now I would assume that they are using the same colour profiles as me(checking on that now), so I have no idea what's gone wrong.

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Regards

Simon

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Washed out outputs issue
on Jun 17, 2011 at 10:37:59 am

[simon mountney] "They're being outputted as animations with an alpha channel, once there, they are taken into photoshop, a certain number of frames are selected (the client only needs 60 frames), and then the frames are outputted as PNGs at their request."

You could output your selected range of 60 frames directly to a PNG sequence from AE -- no Photoshop required.

[simon mountney] "Now I did all this, and they got back to me saying that the images were washed out. Now I would assume that they are using the same colour profiles as me(checking on that now)"

Are you using color management [link] in AE as well as PS? Have you read Adobe's color management workflow white paper [link]?

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]