ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Grainy text in FLV out of Media Encoder

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Seth TiptonGrainy text in FLV out of Media Encoder
by on Jun 16, 2011 at 9:58:06 pm

Hello everyone,
I am encountering an issue when exporting to a FLV format out of After Affects, or Premier, or straight from the Media Encoder stand alone. I have a text animation that I created in After Effects CS5, then imported as a project into Premier CS5. From Premier I exported as a .mp4 file, and the text looks great. But when I attempt to export to a FLV in any program I get really grainy text. I provided an image that I am linking to below. Has anyone else experienced this? What can I do? I am uploading to YouTube to see if they will have better results and am crossing my fingers.

Return to posts index

Luis O MaymiRe: Grainy text in FLV out of Media Encoder
by on Jun 18, 2011 at 2:06:53 am

FLV compress the video so much that it lose a lot of details. In Media Encoder you can use higher bitrate settings with VBR 2 Pass. The problem is the file size will be bigger, but it could fix the grainy of the text. If you are uploading to YouTube I strongly recommend exporting in H.264 using YouTube presets. I love H.264, is preserve the quality of the video and use less file size.

The meaning of a movie are the characters, the life of the movie is the music, but the magic is in the editing.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved