ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

3D Layer Clipping?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Manuel Frust
3D Layer Clipping?
on Jun 16, 2011 at 9:33:54 pm

I've tried moving the camera, turning off depth of field, precomposing, moving the train, and even making copies of the clipped layer to "fill in the gaps". Nothing seems to have any effect. Why does this happen and how do I fix it?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: 3D Layer Clipping?
on Jun 16, 2011 at 10:00:37 pm

I see you have nested comps called Train 1 and train 2. Are they not also 3D layers?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Manuel Frust
on Jun 17, 2011 at 5:33:47 am

Hi Dave,

Train 1 and Train 2 consist of 3D layers, but in this comp they're not as clicking that "collapse/rasterize switch" preserves their 3D-ness. Turning 3D on/off had no effect either :(

Return to posts index

Erik Waluska
on Jun 16, 2011 at 10:26:48 pm

It looks like it's intersecting with the wall. Try scaling and/or moving the train comp to check and if so you may just need to move that wall farther away so it's not intersecting the train.

Return to posts index

Manuel Frust
on Jun 17, 2011 at 5:40:01 am

You mean intersecting with the back wall/tunnel? The clipping is happening even after I turn off or delete all the other layers.

In other set ups with similar problems, I fixed by adjusting the camera position/rotation/zoom/blur level, but here none of that seems to work.

As bad as the clipping is at 1/4 resolution, it's even worse when it's full resolution.

Return to posts index

Erik Waluska
on Jun 18, 2011 at 6:30:07 pm

Try resetting the position of the layers that are clipping because I think the clipping you are seeing may just be the edge of the layer.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]