ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Difficult Sky Replacement at Beach

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stuart HoweDifficult Sky Replacement at Beach
by on Jun 16, 2011 at 6:33:10 pm

Hi there,

I have a about a 10second clip of a guy sitting at the beach looking out at the sea. We shoot it from behind him and then the camera cranes up. I am trying to replace the rather dull background and put some clouds in there but because the edge of the sea and the sky is more or less the same colour I can't track it and its bugging me. You could say it's untrackable heheh.

Are there any skilled After Effects artists out there that can help me put in a sky so when the camera cranes up it looks normal with the clouds. If I manually try to position the clouds it looks all wrong.

message me at stuart.howe@gmail.com and I can email you the short file to see what I mean.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Stuart HoweRe: Difficult Sky Replacement at Beach
by on Jun 17, 2011 at 7:48:23 pm

thanks

i will give them a try. I just tried Mocha. Although it tracked the guy sitting at the beach okay and going out of shot, still couldn't seem to get the sea and the sky tracking. I will try a few more times.

Thanks for your help.

Stuart

Return to posts index

Anders HattneRe: Difficult Sky Replacement at Beach
by on Jun 17, 2011 at 9:16:01 am

Do you really have to track the sky?
CanĀ“t you track other parts of the scene, foreground or the sea even (mocha should do it?) and adjust the position to make up for some paralax if need be?

http://www.ardillamedia.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]