ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Adobe After effects not smooth

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter NagelAdobe After effects not smooth
by on Jun 16, 2011 at 4:33:13 pm

Hi CreativeCows,

I just installed Adobe After Effects again. I made something very simple with Illustrator then I import it into adobe after effects and changed the rotation of 1 object so it rotates 45 degrees in 1 second. After rendering the movie and watching the avi I noticed that it didn't rotate very smoothly. Does anyone know what I can change and how I can change it so the rotation will go smooth?

Im using the basic options of After Effects now and haven't changed anything in the options so far.

Also I noticed when I import the Illustrator file it was one object however I need one object within the Illustrator file to rotate. So what I did was to import the Illustrator file without the object I wanted to rotate and import another file which was the object I wanted to rotate. It would be better if I can just import one file without having to import another file in order to rotate an object. Can I fix this by putting everything in another layer in Illustrator?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Adobe After effects not smooth
by on Jun 16, 2011 at 5:10:07 pm

Please take the time to read this:
http://forums.adobe.com/thread/684381?tstart=0

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Peter NagelRe: Adobe After effects not smooth
by on Jun 16, 2011 at 5:37:18 pm

Hi and thanks for the reply ;) It kinda helped me. I remember from last time I used a Codec h.264 or something like that. Where can I change this? And this will effect the output of the movie right?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Adobe After effects not smooth
by on Jun 16, 2011 at 10:03:29 pm

Dave's Stock Answer #3:

Don't use AE to compress files for final delivery. The various compressors are there only to make quick 'n dirty files showing a project's progress to producers, clients, the kids, etc. AE is incapable of doing multipass encoding, a crucial feature that greatly improves the image quality of H.264 and MPEG-type files in particular.

Render a high-quality file from AE, and use a different application to do the compression. Popular ones are Adobe Media Encoder, Sorenson Squeeze and Apple's Compressor, which comes bundled with Final Cut Suite. Even compressing in Quicktime Pro is better than compressing in AE.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]