ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

PSD Files Not Updating on Import

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cody NitcherPSD Files Not Updating on Import
by on Jun 15, 2011 at 3:18:58 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to import a photoshop file into AE CS5 as a comp, but AE keeps freezing when I try to import it (I think the psd is too big with all the layers). So, I tried making multiple copies of the psd with only a section of the layers at a time in each copy to make it easier for AE to injest, and this worked for the first group of layers. But when I save the 2nd copy of the psd and try to import it, the 2nd group of layers aren't showing, but the 1st group. It's like it's importing the 1st file again. Is there any way I can fix AE from doing this? Thanks so much!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: PSD Files Not Updating on Import
by on Jun 15, 2011 at 3:38:07 pm

First thing to check: the type of color used in Photoshop. AE can't deal with CMYK. You have to work in RGB in Photoshop.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Cody NitcherRe: PSD Files Not Updating on Import
by on Jun 15, 2011 at 3:39:12 pm

I have put it in RGB mode. Still same problem.

Return to posts index

by on Jun 15, 2011 at 3:53:53 pm

And you DO know about the limitations of using Photoshop layer styles in AE, right?
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/aftereffects/cs/using/WSADC9D73F-A33F-4093-AB5E...

And what's the horizontal and vertical resolution of this thing, anyway?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Cody NitcherRe: PSD Files Not Updating on Import
by on Jun 15, 2011 at 4:00:30 pm

The resolution is 1374 x 2905. I could probably shrink it down some more if needed, I'm working in a 720p comp. And the layers from the file I'm trying to import do not have layer styles on them at all. Just plain layers with graphics in them.

Return to posts index

by on Jun 15, 2011 at 4:16:32 pm

That size of picture is okay in AE; it should be able to handle your PSD. The only other common problemis that you have 8 GB RAM or less and you're trying to use multiprocessing. If you're able to launch AE, I'd turn multiprocessing off for the moment and see what happens.

If you can't even launch AE, you have other problems and for diagnostic purposes we'd need detailed descriptions of error messages, what happens when you try to launch, info on your system, your OS, your precise AE version, etc.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]