ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Circle reveals to be made of smaller circles

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan PatersonCircle reveals to be made of smaller circles
by on Jun 14, 2011 at 10:45:52 pm

Any ideas how to do this? I don't have any examples off-hand but I'm sure many of you have seen this effect. Basically just want to do a crash zoom on a large circle to reveal many smaller circles making up its shape.

I hope that makes sense. Also if you have any idea how to do it in C4D that will work too

Return to posts index

Greg BurrusRe: Circle reveals to be made of smaller circles
by on Jun 15, 2011 at 1:46:25 am

Just a quick idea, you might be able to do it AE if you have a precomp with a bunch of circles filling up the comp. Then you could use a larger circle on top of it and use it as an alpha mate for the shapes underneath. That would give you the shape cut out of the smaller circles underneath.

I'm sure there's a better way then that though probably using some expression but I'm not sure what.

Another idea just came to me you could use the Cocoe Battalion expression to fill an object based on mask shape. I used it to trace and outline of circle target for an animation I did.

RIT SportsZone Web Extras Bump

In C4D you could just use a cloner set to an object mode then just clone a bunch of smaller objects into the shaper of the larger one. There's few different options like volume or vertex you can use to get it filled the way you want.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved