ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

CS5 rendering low quality?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ari Smith
CS5 rendering low quality?
on Jun 14, 2011 at 7:35:26 pm

I've having a somewhat strange problem with CS5. I've worked on a project in Vegas 10 and rendered it out via MPEG4 @ 14mbps. It looks great, sounds great etc.

I then brought it into AE to work on it further. When I was finished and rendered it out via the same settings (MP4/14mbps) I noticed the quality was worse. Jaggies are there for no reason, I have no idea why this is.

It's not the render settings themselves, I tried uncompressed AVI and the roughness was still there.

Is there some setting I'm not aware of? I appreciate the help.

This is what I'm talking about, Vegas 10 output on the right, CS5 on the left:

Return to posts index

Nicholas Smith
Re: CS5 rendering low quality?
on Jun 14, 2011 at 8:08:10 pm

When you render out of Vegas you should be rendering out in uncompressed AVI (or .mov) so that you reduce the risk of quality loss. Ensure that your field settings are correct (progressive, interlaced) and your frame rate matches.

VFX and 3D Designer CGM Studios
Sheridan College Student

Return to posts index

Ari Smith
on Jun 14, 2011 at 8:11:11 pm

I forgot to add: click to enlarge the picture, the can see the issue much better.

Return to posts index

Steve Renard
on Jun 14, 2011 at 8:29:45 pm

Could be any number of things, but check your project and output bit depth first, I would say.

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
on Jun 14, 2011 at 8:35:09 pm

it definitely looks like macro-block artifacts... i'd try going uncompressed round trip (export from vegas as uncompressed, then render from ae as uncompressed).

vegas will still likely compress it when you import the uncompressed media back in (i don't use vegas, but this is common with nle's) but at least that will only be one additional compression pass.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Ari Smith
on Jun 14, 2011 at 8:57:31 pm

You know what? That did the trick. It makes sense now that I think about it, thanks guys.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]