ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Video output format and resolution

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don LinvilleVideo output format and resolution
by on Jun 13, 2011 at 4:25:00 pm

Good day creative professionals!

I created a 2 minute video which will, most commonly, need to be viewed on PC computers..probably DVD (as crisp and smooth as possible). I realize that it's impossible to optimize for all computers. But I need some direction as to what format's you all would choose if you had to choose one or try and include as many viewing scenarios as possible (this will be a video that will be distributed to some clients). Also resolution direction as well. I have very little video preparation knowledge.

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Video output format and resolution
by on Jun 13, 2011 at 7:29:00 pm

For DVDs, a bitrate setting of 9Mbps is ideal for quality as well as compatibility across DVD players. You will also want NTSC DVDs if the discs will be played back on TVs. For computer playback, it doesn't matter if its NTSC or PAL formatted discs.

For playback on computers where you distribute the video via Net downloads, H264 is ideal. Perhaps two files with different bitrates will be ideal, one at 3Mbps and the other, with a higher quality setting, between 4-8Mbps, the exact selection being your choice for the final output size as well as intended quality. For the 3Mbps, 480x360 will be a nice compromise between size and quality. For the higher bitrate file, full-screen rez should be the way to go.

Intensive AE Training in South East Asia.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Video output format and resolution
by on Jun 13, 2011 at 10:25:11 pm

This might help you to understand enough to make the right decisions regarding output settings:
"FAQ: What is the best format for rendering and exporting from After Effect...

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved