ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

premiere pro to after effects for adding effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alper Kasappremiere pro to after effects for adding effects
by on Jun 13, 2011 at 12:34:10 pm

Im very confused about how to BEST and most effctively transfer footage from one application to another with minimal loss of quality.

I have 10 different shots which i have put together in Adobe premiere pro for a very short clip. I have "film magic pro" colour effects which i would like to add to these clips. The colour effects i will be adding will be differ depending on the shot(flashbacks etc im experimenting with a certain look) anyhows if you use dynamic link it puts it in after effects as a whole file, and hence when you add the colour effect you add it to the entire clip.

Do i need to import each of my MOV files into after effects, add the colour look i want, then export uncompressed as a seperae file, then import these files into premiere pro, edit as per normal and then export ?

But isint that the long way ? im confused ...... what is the best way any suggestions ?

Return to posts index

Brian CharlesRe: premiere pro to after effects for adding effects
by on Jun 13, 2011 at 1:52:30 pm

Rather than use Dynamic Link, import the Premiere Pro file into After Effects.

Other ways to share content among Production Premium applications include copying and pasting between After Effects and Adobe Premiere Pro, exporting After Effects projects to Adobe Premiere Pro, using the Capture In Adobe Premiere Pro command in After Effects, and importing Adobe Premiere Pro projects into After Effects. You cannot, however, import an Adobe Premiere Pro project into After Effects if the project contains a dynamic link to an After Effects composition. For more information, see the relevant sections of each application’s Help documents.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved