ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Best Composition/Render Settings

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Diarmuid Moloney
Best Composition/Render Settings
on Jun 10, 2011 at 12:49:32 pm

Hi all, I'm trying to render a movie from AE CS5 to play on a Samsung 40" tv screen at 1280 x 720 but when I play it as an MPEG4 it has lots of artefacts and jaggies and when I play it as MPEG2 it jerks around the place and the colours aren't as vibrant. For some reason .mov files won't play at all. Can anyone tell me what the best composition settings and render settings would be to get a nice clear, smooth, well represented movie?? Please help, I'm going mad here!

Thanks

Diarmuid

D Moloney

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Best Composition/Render Settings
on Jun 10, 2011 at 2:28:17 pm

What are you using as a playback device? How are you getting the signal to the monitor?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Diarmuid Moloney
on Jun 10, 2011 at 2:34:39 pm

Sorry Dave, just realised that my bit rate was down to about 3.5! Bumped it up to 80 and it's much better.
Thanks for getting back to me

D Moloney

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jun 10, 2011 at 3:19:57 pm

Well, I wouldn't render long-gop footage in AE; it does a less-than-optimum job of it. I would:
  • Render in a lossless codec out of AE, and do the conversion to the delivery codec in a dedicated compression application
  • If the delivery codec is NOT a long-gop codec, I'd render in that codec -- OR --
  • Open the AE project in Adobe Media Encoder, and THEN do the rendering to the long-gop codec

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]