ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

9520x768 Render

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Walker9520x768 Render
by on Jun 10, 2011 at 9:49:21 am

I'm trying to render a video with a frame size of 9520 x 768 - It's for a 7 screen display all running side by side.

The only format I seem to be able to output at is a quicktime mov - which does playout well on the digital signage software we're using.

Everything else I've tried wmv, mpg4, flv has a maximum frame size that's way below what I need.

Anybody got any past experience with this? I've got an expo in Amsterdam in 2 weeks!!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: 9520x768 Render
by on Jun 10, 2011 at 2:55:31 pm

I Strongly recommend that you seek out the advice of Walter Soyka, who does this type of thing all the time. He's in this forum a lot, PLUS THE Live & Stage Events forum:

Here's the short version: do NOT render out the movie at 9520 x 768. Instead, create seven 1360 x 768 comps and nest the big comp inside, rendering in seven sections.

It is also absolutely critical to know the playback device and all its playback specifications BEFORE you render. It makes a difference. It could even alter your master comp's H&V resolution.

Walter has given valuable advice before on this topic and in this forum. You can do a search on it using the term. "multiple screens".

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: 9520x768 Render
by on Jun 10, 2011 at 8:45:12 pm

You have to think backwards -- the displays and creative requirements drive the playback solution, and playback drives content setup and delivery.

Will your signage system synchronize pre-split media? If not, maybe it's not the right system for this project.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved