ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Exporting assistance, frozen frames

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sara delaney
Exporting assistance, frozen frames
on Jun 9, 2011 at 9:25:25 pm

Hello
I have CS3. I made a small video using some jpegs and some footage I recorded on my camera. AE would not take my camera footage so I changed it to an AVI. in MPEG streamclip. I completed my video. It is 1 minute 10 seconds long. It plays fine during the ram preview. All the jpegs move correctly and the AVI's all play. When I do a render queue and watch the finished movie the jpegs move but the AVI's are 1 frozen frame. I have also tired just using the export button and that does the same thing. Sometimes the audio is not there either.
Advice is needed please. Thank you

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Exporting assistance, frozen frames
on Jun 9, 2011 at 9:50:14 pm

Don't use mpeg4 compression, or mpeg2 compression, or h.264 compression, or whatever compression you used to make this AVI. It's toxic to your version of AE. Instead, you're going to have to make either a lossless or uncompressed AVI.

If you happen to have Quicktime, I'd make a movie in PNG compression. Second choice would be Photo JPEG.

You will be stunned by the sizes of the files. Sorry, but them's the breaks; you'll have to deal with them.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

sara delaney
on Jun 9, 2011 at 10:34:58 pm

It is not a huge problem to import the clips again using a different format but which would be best?
I am extremely new to this, lol.
When the clips come off my camera they are in mpeg form and are playable in quick time, but will not import at all in AE. Could you let me know a website link where I could change the format to something easier to work with?
Thank you :)

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jun 9, 2011 at 10:45:01 pm

You have my preferred codecs in my last response. All you have to do is use MPEG Streamclip to make them.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]