ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Workflow Question Premiere to CS5

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael FrantzWorkflow Question Premiere to CS5
by on Jun 8, 2011 at 8:19:12 pm

I have adobe premiere CS5 and adobe after effects cs5. My computer is a QUAD Core Intel 3xxx with 12 GIG of RAM. GT9800Ultra Video Card. All footage recorded with either an XH-A1 or HV30 in 24p or 60i depending on needs.

Pulldown is currently performed by AVISYNTH and files are saved as uncompressed avi where needed. This occurs on all files though, 24p or 60i. With or without pulldown.

I have my clips in premiere timeline (sequence).

Once I have the rough cut done I then use dynamic link to AE and start color grading or some minor effects. Mostly using Color Finesse as the grader.

I save the effort which automatically applies through dynamic link and it updates in Premiere.

From that point onward I am now unable to preview from Premiere without the video getting out of synch...or serious lagging behind the audio. Scrubbing through smoothly is impossible. This is with my premiere settings set to the lowest for playback or paused.

Is this just something I must accept with this workflow unless i render from AE and then pull it back into premiere as a new rendered clip?

Am I missing something or is there a way to be able to edit in AE through dynamic link and still preview and scrub through smoothly?

Thanks for any assistance on this.

Return to posts index

Justin ParkerRe: Workflow Question Premiere to CS5
by on Jun 10, 2011 at 8:41:40 pm

dynamic linking is always sluggish. I would save your color grading to the very end. though I just got 2nd generation i7 processor and DL has been much more responsive.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved