ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Animating words to come out of mouth

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick Lee
Animating words to come out of mouth
on Jun 8, 2011 at 1:17:11 am

Hello,

I'm making an independent music video. I need to have lyrics coming out of the performers mouth. Some of the lyrics will just go off into the air, and others will go into peoples ears. If I can get any tips on how to achieve this in after effects I would GREATLY appreciate it. Please let me know if I need to make myself more clear.
Thank you!

-Patrick

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Animating words to come out of mouth
on Jun 8, 2011 at 3:27:53 am

What part, specifically, are you unclear on?

When someone asks a question like this, it's hard to know whether we need to explain all of After Effects from the beginning or...

In the absence of specifics, I'll just point you to the section in After Effects Help about animating text and the overview of compositing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Patrick Lee
on Jun 8, 2011 at 6:37:44 am

I have personally never used after effects. Though my friend, who has, will be helping me out with this specific job. However he does not know how to accomplish what I have in mind.
Basically we need to figure out a way to visually show words coming out of the performers mouth. It should look very natural. For example, the letters would start off small as they come out, and then expand.

We were unable to find any examples of this online. If you can point us in the right direction that would be great! I'll go over the info you have already provided with my friend for now.
Thank you very much, I really appreciate it!

Return to posts index

alex phipps
on Oct 9, 2011 at 12:57:57 am

This exists and it's a patented technique called ReadSpeak (http://www.readspeak.com). Just be careful because the company may sue you.

Return to posts index

Brian Charles
on Jun 8, 2011 at 5:04:49 am

Todd provides good advice. You'll likely need to use the Path Options for the text animation, so look for information on that in the help files.

One of the very first videos I saw done in After Effects circa 1994 used type in a similar fashion, though After Effects had only recently been acquired by Adobe and text based animations were tricky to pull off back then.

I think the video was of a Seattle band performing "Sitting on Top of the World"...

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Jun 8, 2011 at 2:17:17 pm

If you've never used After Effects before, you really need to go through the basic learning materials before you try to tackle a real project. I recommend that you start here to learn the basics.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]