ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE Render Settings 1024x720

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Diarmuid MoloneyAE Render Settings 1024x720
by on Jun 7, 2011 at 7:09:36 pm

Hi, I've tried looking for the answer to this question in other threads but can't get my head round it. Here goes:

I'm trying to create a composition that will play on a 42" screen, 1024x720 PAL. I believe it has a ratio of 16:9. The file will be played using the Navori system which just plays the file directly to the screen (so far as I can tell). What would be the best render settings to get the best quality results?? Please help

D

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: AE Render Settings 1024x720
by on Jun 7, 2011 at 7:58:04 pm

My suggestion is that for best results you work at a HD resolution since the Navori player can support full HD playback:

"Most content can be played at their native resolution (SD, HD and Full HD).

Adobe Flash (SWF), Flash Video (FLV)
Windows® Media, QuickTime, MPEG 2 and 4, DivX"

I would suggest MPEG 2 1080p 50Mb/s

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Diarmuid MoloneyRe: AE Render Settings 1024x720
by on Jun 7, 2011 at 8:04:03 pm

That's great, thanks for getting back to me Tudor. Could you recommend what Composition Settings
I should use? Is there a certain preset and pixel aspect ratio that works best on 1280x720 tv screens?

D Moloney

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: AE Render Settings 1024x720
by on Jun 7, 2011 at 9:11:28 pm

[Diarmuid Moloney] "Is there a certain preset and pixel aspect ratio that works best on 1280x720 tv screens?"

Square ones. PAR of 1.0.
Try this exercise: divide 720 by 9. Multiply the result by 16. Note the final result.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: AE Render Settings 1024x720
by on Jun 7, 2011 at 9:22:44 pm

As always -- start with the display and playback devices, and work your way backwards.

Some digital signage systems are zoned -- the screen is divided into slices for showing multiple pieces of content at the same time. If you're not also designing the other screen content, you might want to verify that you'll actually have the full screen (or a 16:9 zone).

While you're at it, find out about the preferred delivery format. Depending on the length of your piece or how the players are updated, there may be storage or bandwidth concerns. If there are other pieces of content playing, you may have additional decode complexity constraints.

You will hopefully get a complete delivery spec, including container format, resolution, frame rate, video codec, video bit rate, audio codec, number of audio channels, and audio depth/sample rate/bit rate.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Diarmuid MoloneyRe: AE Render Settings 1024x720
by on Jun 7, 2011 at 9:28:52 pm

Thank you very much. I'll see how much I can find out. I do know that the content will be divided over four zones but there is a full screen for each zone. It's going to be a simple animated movie of about 5 seconds on each, set on loop.

D Moloney

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]