ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How do you achieve this EFFECT?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bruno PierceHow do you achieve this EFFECT?
by on Jun 6, 2011 at 11:17:18 pm

How do you achieve the intro of this video (link below). It is comprised of multiple videos that slowly zooms out to make the entire logo itself. Could this be achieved with Trapcode Form or Particular? Or is there another built in effect allowing one to achieve this.

I realize you could mask off the letters and place video in there but I was hoping there might be an easier solution.

Thanks in advance.


Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: How do you achieve this EFFECT?
by on Jun 7, 2011 at 1:18:05 am

I think that, if you look closely, you'll see that it's a trick: After a very small piece of the zoom out, you can't distinguish the items that make up the letters. You'd just have to have a few actual video layers for the initial part of the zoom and then transition between that and the letters with a quick dissolve. Motion blur hides a lot.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

Anders HattneRe: How do you achieve this EFFECT?
by on Jun 7, 2011 at 9:38:31 am

yeah, you could set up a few screens, use repetile or motiontile with a together with a trackmatte. I think motion tile will link together well with the scale of the trackmatte.
With that kind of scale you ought to use that exponential scale as well.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: How do you achieve this EFFECT?
by on Jun 7, 2011 at 12:25:29 pm

Card Dance and Plane Space can help you in this also.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Amanda SmithRe: How do you achieve this EFFECT?
by on Jun 7, 2011 at 2:42:32 pm

Yeah, I would say just make a matte of the text so the screens all show up inside the text/logo, then as it pulls back, put a lens blur on it, and have the solid color fade in. It's a trick of the eye. ;)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 All Rights Reserved