ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Timewarp problem PP->AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jimmy BrungerTimewarp problem PP->AE
by on Jun 6, 2011 at 3:07:06 pm

Hi all,

Quick one - I've just finished an edit in PPro and want to now pull the whole edit into AE for grading and final FX. Dynamic Link is no good, as all I can do is just import the main sequence as a flattened the way I've always done it (once offline is approved) is 'import premiere pro project'.

This usually works ok, but this time I've got layer timings all over the place where I've applied timewarp in PPro and also slipped the layer in the timeline. AE doesn't seem to recognise it's been slipped and displays the clip's in/out in totally wrong place. Weirdly it doesn't seem to have done it on every timewarp/sliiped clip, but most. I even tried nesting any clips with effects on in main timeline but no joy.

Any ideas guys and gals?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Timewarp problem PP->AE
by on Jun 7, 2011 at 2:44:58 pm

Sorry to say this, but I think you're limited to exporting the sections with Premiere's time warp applied as clips, or the entire project as one big, huge file. If it's a long-duration thing, I'd recommend splitting it up into scenes to make it a bit less cumbersome.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jimmy BrungerRe: Timewarp problem PP->AE
by on Jun 7, 2011 at 2:50:25 pm

Thanks for your reply Dave,

Gulp. Is this a known problem then? TBH - premiere's timewarp is awful - for some reason produces alot sloppier results than AE's. I think I'll just have to recreate all the warps and edits again in AE with twixtor.

....Long painful drawn out affair it seems! It's only a 2min edit, but ALOT of cuts and alot of work done in PPro. Sigh.

Unless anyone else has some wild ideas?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved